Monday, January 23, 2006

Pediatrician Visit

Today Jim and I took Kellie for her first pediatrician appointment. Dr. Whipple said she looked very healthy and was doing great. He didn't hear the heart murmur, but is making an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist for testing, just to be sure everything is alright. We didn't have good records of her immunizations, and he said that even if we did he couldn't be sure they were actually given. Therefore, Kellie got three shots this morning, plus had to go get lab and blood work done, another needle stick. She was not a happy camper. Everyone agreed that she had a very good set of lungs on her. I think we are getting everything tested that can be tested. I brought home several little "bottles" to fill up and take back for testing. That should be fun. I really don't mind it at all. We just want to make sure everything is alright. She was 29 inches long and weighed 17.9 pounds. Her length is great, but her weight is only in the 5th percentile. Since she has been locking her mouth shut and turning her head to most baby food Dr. Whipple said to give her bottles of formula whenever she wanted it, that right now it didn't matter that she isn't very interested in the baby food. She will have plenty of time for real food later. Right now we just need to get her weight up. Tonight she hasn't been feeling well. The shots made her feverish and her little legs are so sore that she cries when I have to change her diapers. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon she will be feeling all better. We have a playdate on Wednesday morning with a play group in our neighborhood. Then on Thursday we have plans to go to LaGrange to visit everyone at Milliken. Jim says everyone at work asks him everyday when am I going to bring Kellie down there for them all to see. If I don't get down there soon, I'm in trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home