We are Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We made it home yesterday late afternoon. We had a great Delta flight. I had some flight attendant friends working the flight. They were excited to see Kellie. One of them I flew with last month on my Moscow trip. We even had a row of three seats which was supper nice. It gave Kellie a bed and a place to play. The flight was almost 12 hours long. We had alot of headwinds. Kellie has been sick with an upper respiratory infection. She had a good 2 1/2 hour nap at the beginning of the flight. When she woke up she had a fever again. She was playful, though. I fed her while Jim was holding her. When I gave her the antibiotic that the Russian doctor had given her, she gaggged and puked all over Jim and in the pocket of his nice white shirt. Needless to say, he should have listened to me when I tried to get him to pack an extra shirt in our carry on bag. Luckily he had on a white t-shirt under it. He had to go wash his shirt out and a flight attendant hung it up to dry for him. Other than a couple of short cat naps, that was the only good nap Kellie got during the flight. (The medicine she has from the doctor is a pill that I have to crush up, add a little water to and give her from a spoon. This is the second time she has gagged on it. I called our pediatrician this morning for a true children's antibiotic. Maybe she will like it better.) Jim had a short nap and I didn't get a wink of sleep during the flight. I woke up yesterday (Thursday) at 1:30am (which was 5:30pm Wednesday afternoon here) and didn't get to bed until about 10pm last night. Kellie slept from about 8:30pm til 4am this morning. Jim got up with her since he had already been awake. He brought her in to me at about 5:30am. No more sleeping late (til 6:30am) for me. She has woke up between 4am-5:30am each morning. She usually stays awake a hour or longer before napping.
Our friend Tracy picked us up at the airport. When we got home we had a very warm welcome. There were lots of balloons on the mailbox and pink ribbons around all of the trees in the front island. Mema said she over heard some of the builder workers from the new house across the street talking to each other wondering how many babies we were bringing home. They were counting all of the pink ribbons. Alex and Blake were the first to get to the Envoy. They got a good look at their sister while I was getting her out of the carseat. Then I handed her over to Mema who was waiting at the car door. We had some friends that came over to get a look at the new Perkins addition. Everyone agreed she is a keeper. Everything is so new to her. She is taking it all in very well. She likes her new family and her new toys. Brutus even had to get a good sniff of her and then tried to lick her.
She is 11 months old and is developmentally more like a 6-7 month old. She is doing so much better now that we have her. She loves learning new things. She is getting much stronger. She is now sitting up by herself for long period of time. She just needed the love of a family and someone to work and play with her. She is going to catch up fast. In a way its great that she was behind on things. Now we get to experience all of her "firsts" with her.
Now for a couple of pictures---hopefully.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home